|How to Say:||Troh-o-don|
|Name Meaning:||Wounding tooth|
|First Discovered:||In 1856, a Troodon tooth was found|
|Size:||3 Feet Tall and 8 Feet Long|
|Weight:||100 lbs, the equivalent of 2 2nd Graders|
|How Old:||75 Million Years Ago in the Cretaceous Period|
|Habitat:||Found in North America|
|Diet:||Carnivore, it’s diet consisted of primarily meat|
5 Quick Facts about the Troodon
- The Troodon had very large eyes compared to it’s size suggesting it hunted at night.
- The Troodon had one of the biggest brains when compared to it’s body size.
- It wasn’t until 1930 that parts of the Troodon were discovered that were not teeth.
- There has been a few Troodon nests discovered with fossilized dinosaur eggs in them.
- The back legs of the Troodon were rather large suggesting they ran very fast.
Take My Troodon Quiz
True or False:The Troodon was one of the first dinosaur fossils found in North America in 1855.
(Hover over your answer and I will let you know if you are right or wrong)