|How to Say:||Jig-a-no-toe-saurus|
|Name Meaning:||Giant Southern Reptile|
|Size:||40 Feet Long and 12 Fee Tall|
|Weight:||26,000 lbs, the equivalent of 520 2nd Graders|
|How Old:||95 Million Years Ago in the Cretaceous Period|
|Habitat:||Found in Argentina, South America and Africa|
|Diet:||Carnivore, largest meat eating dinosaur discovered|
5 Quick Facts about the Giganotosaurus
- The Giganotosaurus is similar to the T-Rex, but slightly larger in size.
- The Giganotosaurus was discovered recently in 1993 by an amateur fossil hunter in a dune buggy.
- The Giganotosaurus was on top of the food chain feeding on small dinosaurs
- There has only been one good Giganotosaurus found and only 70% of the remains were found leaving much to be studied.
- It is estimated the Giganotosaurus would be able to run up to 30mph.
Take My Giganotosaurus Quiz
True or False: There is a comparison on how the Giganotosaurus and how an Ostrich run based on the strength of their leg bones.
(Hover over your answer and I will let you know if you are right or wrong)